Saturday, January 24, 2009

Solar Ecipse - New Moon - Monday

This New Moon will be an 'annular' eclipse - there are more of these than total eclipse- over the Indian Ocean on Monday - we will see only a bite out the sun - like a little out of an Oreo cookie.
pic credits:

How to see this sun? simple
Put a pin hole in a post card.
Hold a blank sheet of white paper - say 8 1/2 x 11 - about 1 - 3 feet away from the pin holed post card - or larger stiff paper thingy...

You will see the sun, with a bit of it missing.

This really is the only safe way to view the sun. Sunglasses are not enough protection. One can purchase special glasses - but it's a bit late to get them unless your local telescope store carries them - mail order takes longer than the weekend.

Want to know what these eclipses mean? Check out the '2009 Predictions'

To meditate on this if you wish to do so: just use your imagination and feel and listen to world around you - you are outside right? All of nature feels these - plants, animals, - why not humans? Well we do - we have been trained to ignore our sensations, feelings, intuitions.

We were looked at as little babies - ignorant and helpless - needing education and protecting - what rotten programing - We are all knowing - immortal beings. Maybe we forgot how to walk in a body and need a little help with it.... just like getting used to new car.

I rant; better to Chant
I am that I am, I am that I am, I am that I am , I am that I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment