Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snorkling?...

I love to snorkel ~ not much on scuba; scared of big fish I can't see like ... groupers...
silly thing but that's the way it is...
"A man's got to know his limitations..." Dirty Harry...

So I snorkel - absolutely love it; floating around head in the surf; bobbing up & down with the waves; even the 7 foot barracuda under the sail boat don't bother me; the multi colored see snakes don't either. I can dive down, holding my breath and the come back up. Multi-colored fish just thrill me.

In a conversation I love to snorkel as well - just float along the top - observing it all. If some one is in emotional stuff or is bothered by something... I just dive down to get near their level, talk a while and we go up to the sunny surface together.

Well if some is angry over a pet peeve triggered by a news announcement on TV. I can go dive in and say yea those jerks - jeez... etc. matching their tone and voice quality. I am swimming with them at their depth.

Then I can interject a little higher mood, or say something down their that puts more truth into the situation.
OK, lets see how this goes:
a commercial peeve of mine is "take this med- it can kill you and have your gonads drop off, and... but just go to your Dr and tell him you want it anyway..."

These really get my goat... Can you imagine me telling off the TV? it is pretty funny...
Then someone in the room says to me - the upset one...
~a~ shut up I am trying to listen...
~b~ you but head - these guys saved my grandmother - you don't know anything
~c~ ridiculous isn't it? How can these guys make a living from creating an add like that?

??? What do you think which one raises the mood a little?

- right a & b are put downs _ how many times do I catch myself doing this method? - yikes...
not much help is it - but it makes us feel better right? (more truth interjected here - you'll fill in the rest) When its done to me I feel about 2 inches tall or ready to spit lava...

c ~aligns with the person, shows respect and concern for their feelings, puts in a bit more of Truth and the mood will raise up... ( I feel much better when someone pulls this on me)

many ways to do this - great comedians like 'Noah!' are masters of getting us to laugh at our silliness and that truth - accepted by us will raise of consciousness.

some times - because it is so far down there Dirty Hairy has to be called in just to get the attention.
I like what LA is doing now. Having the courts be able to grab the proven gang leaders assets not just the ones that were proved stolen... A big step up from the biz end of Dirty Harry's 44 mag...

Meditate on the sound of the air passing in and out 0f the snorkel; float in the gentle surf; gaze at the magic of creation in the multi-colored fish...

my chanting talk may be of interest.

Cheery Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment